Hospice Supportive Care
Our specially trained and carefully chosen compassionate caregivers provide personal care and hospice services beyond what Medicare Hospice generally covers. Our hospice training course, “Hospice and Palliative Care Clinical Review for Caregivers,” is based on the Hospice and Palliative Nurses’ Association course and individualized for Always There.
Our staff and managers work in collaboration with hospice team to follow each client’s comprehensive plan of care and meet all of that client’s and family’s care and support needs.
We are proud of our compassionate and professionally-trained hospice caregivers and consider it an honor to provide additional support and service during this important time of life.
We provide our staff with extensive training and continuous supervision and support in the care of dementia/Alzheimer’s clients. Areas of focus include:
- Managing challenging behaviors at all levels of dementia care
- Communication skills
- Family and peer support
- Early identification and intervention to prevent escalation of behavior issues
- The roles of nutrition and medication
- Relaxation techniques
- Intellectual and sensory stimulation – e.g. games, crafts, aromatherapy – designed to meet individual clients’ needs at different stages
- Managing physical abilities and difficulties
- Maintaining a safe environment